Welcome to the District 1 Junior Page!
Please refer here for updates and all important information pertaining to our district junior rodeo's. Please feel free to reach out to your District Junior Secretary Tammy at 403.331.7921 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for any questions or concerns. Also check out our 'D1 Alberta Junior High School Rodeo' FB page for updates, however please always refer to the website for official info.
- Members are responsible to follow all rules and policies set out by AHSRA
- Members must sell raffle tickets and have them handed in by April 1st, 2021
- Members must have a signed rodeo release form in order to compete at a rodeo
- Members need to know entry deadlines, no late entry is ever taken
- Members need to know turnout policies, you will be fined if you do not turn out properly
Social Distancing Rules will be in place at all Rodeos. Please be respectful.
TURN OUT POLICY -
Refer to full policy as noted on Page 12 and 13 of the Policies and Procedure Manual found on the AHSRA website.
Turnouts before the 48 hour prior to start of rodeo weekend are not subject to fines, but still have to pay Entry Fee. Less than 48 hours notice are subject to a $60 fine (except vet out / medical out).
2020 Adult Executive 2020 Student Executive
President - Kyle Thomson 403-813-5928 President - Janae Blades
Vice President - Mike Powelson 403-635-4455 Vice President - Jett Powelson
Secretary - Tammy Broderson 403-331-7921 Secretary - Taylor Broderson
Adult Directors Student Directors
Barrels - Kim Keeley Cenidi Keeley/True Glover/ Allie McCollister
Tie Down - Justin Blades Dane Hirsche
Boys Break Away - Kyle Thomson Eddie Mitchell / Jett Powelson
Girls Break Away- Logan Gertner Maizie Meech / Erin Longson
Girls Goats - Chad Lundberg Faith Lundberg / Teyton Thomson
Boys Goats - Chad Lundberg Zane Akune / Lane Broderson
Team Roping - Tyler Broderson Kobe Uraski / Taylor Broderson
Chute Dogging - John Mitchell Eddie Mitchell / Dane Hirsche
Poles - Mida Blades Layton Chamberlain / Brooklyn Bennett Ribbon Roping - Justin Blades Layton Chamberlain/ Mattie Keeley Build a Cowboy - Justin Keeley / Lee Williams Marshall Williams
Education Coordinator - Alex Hawryliw
Fundraising/Prize Committee - Chelsey Keeley
2020/2021 SEASON RODEO DATES:
- Nanton Rodeo - Sep 4th & 5th
- Pincher Creek Rodeo - Sep 12th
- Taber Rodeo - Sep 18th & 19th
- Vauxhall Rodeo - Sep 25th & 26th
- Brooks Rodeo - Oct 2nd & 3rd
- Cardston Rodeo - Oct 23rd & 24th
Spring Rodeos - already booking!!
- Taber Rodeo - April 23-24th 2021
- Taber Agri-Plex - 6602 53rd Street
- Friday, April 23th - Start time @ 6:00pm; and
- Saturday, April 24th - Start time @ 10:00am
- Entries open April --th and Call in Entries are April 13th
- Roughstock TBD when they go.
- Order of go: Roughstock, Poles, Chute Dogging, G BAW, B BAW, Girls Goats, Boys Goats, RR, TD TR, Barrels
- Indoor or Outdoor Pens
- $30/night or $50 for 2 nights
- Self penning allowed
- TEXT #403.382.9656 with competitor name, and which nights required.
- Power & water hookups available for $20/night
- Pasture is dry camping but free as long as you clean up manure
- Host Hotel
- Nanton Rodeo - May 7 & 8th 2021
- Nanton Ag Grounds - East on Highway 533 within Town Limits
- Friday May 7th - start time 4 pm
- Saturday May 8th - start time 10 am
- Online entries open ? and Call in's are ?
- Roughstock to be announced
- Order of Go: TBD
- covered pens $30/night
- panel pens $20/night
- email email@example.com **make sure you include contestants name & back number and how many stalls & number of nights in your email**
- Self penning allowed in bottom pasture only
- Camping is free. No plug ins or hookup's available.
Junior High Provincial Finals Rodeo - May 28 -30 2021
- Nanton Ag Society Rodeo Grounds
- To Qualify for provincial you must finish in the Top 10 in your District in an event
- HAVE YOUR RAFFLE TICKETS TURNED IN BY APRIL 1ST TO REMAIN A "MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING"
- More Details to follow
National Junior High Finals Rodeo Des Moines, IA JUNE 20-26 2021
- TO QUALIFY FOR NATIONALS YOU MUST FINISH IN THE TOP 4 IN THE PROVINCE IN AN EVENT
- THERE ARE ROLL UPS TO 8TH SHOULD ANY OF THE TOP 4 CHOOSE NOT TO ATTEND
- BEFORE ATTENDING PROVINCIALS PLEASE BE SURE TO DISCUSS WITH YOUR FAMILY IF A TRIP TO NATIONALS IS IN YOUR CARDS, AS A DECISION MUST BE MADE AT THE CONCLUSION OF PROVINCIALS AS TO WHO IS ATTENDING
CALL INS, TWO TUESDAYS BEFORE RODEO DATE
6:00PM - 10:00PM #403-323-7070