Alberta High School Rodeo Association is a provincial organization that provides youth rodeo, leadership and mentorship.
- AHSRA is broke into 2 levels Junior High grades 6-8 and High School grades 9-12
- We are divided into 3 districts North-Central-Southern. It is up to your family to determine which district you would like to compete in.
- Rodeo season begins approx. Aug 25th to October 20 and then takes a break till March 20 -June 10
- Provincial finals for the Junior High Division are held the last weekend in May and the High School are the first weekend in June.
- Membership are $200 – Junior $250 – High School. Entry fees/rodeo are $20 for Pole Bending and Barrel Racing; $30 for stock events.
- Junior Division Rodeo events: Build a Cowboy Bareback Steer riding and Saddle Bronc Steer Riding, Barrel Racing, Pole Bending, Tie Down Roping, girls and boys Breakaway Roping, girls and boys Goat Tying, Team Roping, Chute Dogging and Bull Riding.
- High School events: Barrel Racing, Pole Bending, Breakaway Roping, Goat Tying, Saddle Bronc, Bareback, Bull Riding, Team Roping, Tie Down Roping, Steer Wrestling & Queen (optional Working Cow horse and Cutting)
- Scholarship opportunities
- There are many volunteer opportunities within AHSRA. We have positions on the Board of Directors, Event Directors’ positions, fundraising and much more.
- If You want to become a member what are the next steps?
- Click on Memberships - it will walk you through it all!
NHSRA Mission Statement:
Promote the sport of Rodeo and the highest type of conduct and sportsmanship, and expose its positive image to the general public
Preserve the Western Heritage
Offer a privilege of family bonding
Offer an opportunity of continuing education
Maintain the highest regard for the livestock